When Rose Vitale decided to create the Female Founders Pitch Summit, she wanted to be different. Her goal is to help more women business owners. Because of her mission and vision, Vitale has made key decisions that are not known in the pitch summit (event) industry.
What Is the Female Founders Pitch Summit?
The Female Founders Pitch Summit is a one-day event where women who are looking to expand and need funding will come to San Diego to meet investors who will provide them the funding they need. The event is expected to dole out millions in venture capital that promises to change lives forever. It is more than an event. It will start a movement to change how women get funded. It takes place on May 21, 2021, at the Bayfront Hilton in San Diego.
Although the event sounds like any other women entrepreneur conference, there are key differences. These differences are disrupting the pitch summit and funding industry and has people commenting and wondering how it will work. Here are some ways the Female Founders Pitch Summit will change lives and start a movement.
- No Admission Fee for Female Founders to Attend — National conferences usually have an admission fees for attendees. The fee covers a big portion of the budget for the event. However, Vitale made the decision from the beginning that she would NOT charge participants to come to the event. The investors, female founders, the media and speakers will be attending for free. They will have to cover their travel expenses. For a women business owner who is struggling to meet expenses, being able to come to an event without actually having to pay an admission fee is a huge cost-saving measure and will help them get the funding they seek. The lack of admission fee makes this summit unique and more exclusive, which will inspire investors to attend.
- No Equity Position Taken from Female Founders — Usually, when founders receive funding, the Event Organizer will take an equity position of their business. The Female Founders Pitch Summit is not taking equity or part of the funding agreement. This will allow female founders to receive the full capital commitment from the investors. It also will allow them to use the funds whichever way they see works best for their company. In today’s venture capital world, equity is usually tied to the funding provided.
- No Finders Fee to Investors — Typically, there’s a finders fee (10-15%) required by the Event Organizer to the investors. Vitale is eliminating this fees so it will allow investors to deploy more capital to female founders. That way, Female Founders Pitch Summit will be a true Bridge that connect Funders and Founders directly, without string attached to both party.
- No Fee Charged to Guest/Keynote Speakers — It’s known in the industry that organizers charge the speakers to speak in their events. Again, FFPS eliminates these fees. Speakers will be hand-selected by the board members.
- Personal Capital Commitment — Vitale has committed at least $500,000 of her personal capital to ensure this summit takes place on May 21, 2021. On the day of the event, she is expecting a suggested commitment of up to $10 million provided to women business owners from investors. This amount has not been known in the industry for a single day previously. It will change lives and impact the industry. It will start a movement to alter the mindset.
- Sponsors — Female Founders Pitch Summit is reaching out to sponsors who want to commit to helping female-led companies succeed and have the event successful. The sponsorships will cover expenses incurred for organizing the event. FFPS only has 10 main sponsors available which will be hand-selected and vetted before they will be allowed to join the movement and summit for the day. The sponsor has to see the vision, believe in the mission and have the same integrity that FFPS has.
For Sponsorship information, please visit: